Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Happy two months Brock

Brock you are 2 months (a week ago, I'm just now getting this up)!!! How did this happen so fast?! You have changed soooo much. You had your shots Friday and broke mommy's heart.  I have never heard you scream the way you did! :(  You did pretty well all day Friday, slept a lot but for the most part you were yourself and in a pretty good mood.  Here are your 2 month stats:
  • Weight: 12 lbs 9 oz (55%)
  • Length: 23 1/2 inches (75%)
  • Head: 16 cm (90 %)
Dr. Emm said you looked great and told me to keep up the good work! I think he was shocked at how much you had changed.

What are you up too?

  • Your personality is really starting to develope more.  You are starting to smile and coo- we love trying to get you to 'talk' to us. 
  • I think you may roll over soon, everytime your on your play mat you turn completely around.  I taped you the other night because you were sooo close to turning over. 
  • You are sleeping so much better through the night.  Some nights you'll sleep all night other nights you'll get up usually around 3:30 to nurse then you go back to sleep till about 6:45/7ish.
  • You let us know when you are hungry, you get a pouty lip and let out the most heartbreaking cry! It makes me sad when you do that.
  • You love getting a bath
  • I still swaddle you at night because your arms are so spazy, if I don't do this I think you wake yourself up.
  • We have a routine at a bedtime and I love that I can lay you in your crib awake and you put yourself to sleep.  I turn your sheep on that makes noise and your turtle that shines stars and the moon on the ceiling and kiss you goodnight and usually within 10/15 minutes you are sound asleep. 
  • I haven't napped you in your crib, you like to sleep in your swing for naps and sometimes I will just hold you for naps (yes you are a spoiled little boy) :)
  • You aren't as fussy as you use to be, I'm so glad we are seeing less of those days!
  • You had me worried this week as you hadn't pooped for a few days, but I learned that it is completely normal for bf babies! :)
Brock we love you soooo much!! You bring so much joy and happiness to not only Mommy and Daddy's lifes but others as well.  You are definately not shorted of being loved! :)  You are getting so big and while I'm excited for other milestones I'm trying to soak up every minute of holding and cuddling you as I know this won't last forever.

1 comment:

  1. This is so sweet! I can't believe he's already two months old... :-)

    ReplyDelete