I went back to work this past Monday and well I survived. It was by far the hardest thing I had to do. I did A LOT of crying that morning I don't even know why I put makeup on. I looked awful and I didn't even care. I was miserable that first day sick to my stomach and just not in my 'comfort' zone I had been in with my baby for the last eight weeks. I think it made it easier that my mom came to my house, I will get the real test this Monday when he goes to the sitter of loading the car up! I had just three bags of stuff myself! One of the security guards at work said to me one morning as I was putting my bags up to be checked 'Are you moving in Erin'-- Somedays I feel like it, I lug my purse, lunch and breast pump in e-v-e-r-y-d-a-y, it gets old!
Back to my morning leading up to leaving. Brock must of known I was going back to work, he slept all through the night, it was the second time he did that. He woke up about 5:30/5:45 I got him out of bed and fed him and cried and cried. I cried as I was getting bottles ready. Michael had put him in his swing before he left as I was in the bathroom getting ready. I figured I'd get ready and then go love on him before I had to leave. I came out of the bathroom and peeked into the living room only to find him fast asleep in his swing. I LOST IT! I couldn't stop crying like worked up crying. It just killed me seeing him sleeping in his swing being such a good boy while I got ready. My mom came over and I went through everything with her, loaded my stuff in the truck and came back in to tell him bye. I started crying again, she gave me a hug and I just told her love on him like I would. :)
I cried somemore in the truck and told myself I needed to pull myself together. I did and I only cried once at work on my lunch hour. Tuesday was a little better and Wednesday was a little better than Tuesday. I think it helped me this week knowing that Friday (yest.) I was only working till 10 because he had his 2 month check-up and I would be spending my afternoon with my baby. So all of you that had told me that it would get easier you were right, but I still hope I can go to part-time. :)
25 Best Apple Dessert Recipes for Fall
10 hours ago


oh hun :( reading this made me sad for you. you are a strong momma and you did it! i'm glad you made it through the week and now i hope you get to enjoy the whole weekend with your sweet babe!! i hope as time goes on each day just gets easier and easier!!
ReplyDeleteSo glad each day got better for you. It's so tough at first but it really does get easier, and I hope that continues for you! :-)
ReplyDelete