** This post may gross some of you out.. So don't say I didn't warn you!
Friday the 13th I won't be sad to see you go. It has been quite a long/emotional day. Lets just say it started last night. I went to the bathroom about a half hour before it was time to go home and when I wiped there was a little bit of blood, it happened 2 more times at home. I called my Dr. when it happened at work freaking out, they told me to just watch it and to go home and get some rest and take it easy. Fast forward to this morning (13th)....
Michael was off today so I woke him up so he could get the drive way clear before I left for work. I got to work and everything was fine, I took a stool with me to prop my feet up. It started sometime shortly after 9, my stomach was cramping (like menstral cramps) and my low back was hurting pretty bad. At first I thought that my back was just hurting from the not-so-comfortable chair that I sit in. Finally about 10:15 I text Michael and asked him if he was at his moms. He said he was headed there so I told him to ask her what she thought about my cramps/back (shes a RN). They told me I needed to go have my urine checked for a possible UTI, I hesitated for a while because I felt so bad leaving work on such short notice. Michael started getting really upset/mad with me on the phone saying that I needed to get checked out. So I decided that maybe I should just to be safe. I went to the Health Department and they tested my urine for me- everything looked fine with it. The nurses there told me I needed to at least go to the ER to get checked out (Dr. Gratkins office is closed on Fridays). They told me Michael was on his way over, and sure enough like 5 minutes later Michael showed up.
We went to the ER and they sent us up to the OB floor. They checked us in and I got into a gown and they hooked me and the baby up to a monitor. Once I heard the heartbeat chugging along I was SO relieved, thats all I wanted to hear. Little man was NOT liking the monitor being on, he was kicking like CRAZY. Michael was actually able to see my belly moving so that was neat! After being there for a little over an hour, they said everything looked fine, my urine sample that I left for them looked fine. They discharged me and told me to follow up with Dr. Gratkins.
Once we got to the car I called Dr. Gratkins and they had to page him. He called back a few minutes later and told me to come see him next Thursday, I asked if he wanted to see me since they said everything looked fine, and he told me to see how I feel over the weekend and call on Monday if I decide I want to come in an they'll do an U/S. I just feel awful for missing work, I know I shouldn't and my child comes first I just feel so bad for the other secretaries. I may go Thursday just because I would feel more comfortable seeing my DR and I'm not a big fan of Pontiac hospital myself. I was also disappointed they didn't check my cervix or anything else. So for my peace of mind I may go Thursday just to be safe.
Well that was our CRAZY Friday, not how I wanted to spend it but so glad the little guy is okay. Prayers definatley worked. I prayed like crazy the whole way to the hospital and cried most of the way because I was so afraid something was wrong with my baby.
25 Best Apple Dessert Recipes for Fall
9 hours ago


The same thing happened to me around 17 weeks. Make sure you are drinking enough water! Once I doubled my water intake I started feeling MUCH better :)
ReplyDelete