Sunday, February 26, 2012

All things Baby

I ordered Brock's crib on Sunday and got a call Thursday that it was IN! Quicker than what I thought it would take. Here is the crib we went with:
photo credit- Babies R' Us

I LOVE it, I think its even better in person. So I'm hoping to go pick it up sometime this weekend or Monday after my Dr. appointment. Once I got the call that it was in it gave me some motivation to call and get the bedding ordered. I feel like we are slacking 'first time parents' I'm sure most first timers already have all the stuff ordered and perhaps set up by now? Hopefully I'm wrong. In our defense we aren't in a hurry by any means especially when the little guys room looks like this at the moment:



It's not quite baby ready wouldn't ya say?! ha.

We'll get there, Michael has been working his butt off so I have no worries that it won't be done, I just get myself overwhelmed at times and need a good sob session thats all. :)

So Thursday I spent most of my lunch hour on the phone ordering his bedding, but I loved every second of it. Mostly because where I ordered it is out of Mobile, AL and the lady had the sweetest southern accent! I could listen to someone with a southern accent ALL DAY! I wish I had one! :) Anyways back to his bedding... Its not going to be here until the first part of April. Here's what we I went with:





Love the minky fabrics, I had originally planned on grays and creams but when I was talking to the lady on the phone she said that it was definately white and gray zigzag print. I was a little bummed but then knew I needed to put some other color in there besides just the gray, I didn't want to use white because first our water is horrible on whites and second white and a small child don't mix well. I also had planned on painting the walls gray, so the more I told her my plans we decided that it would be too much gray so we decided to add in some of the Tiffany Blue color too.  I think I may throw in some navy and lime green colors too, not sure yet though.  I liked this because if we ever have a girl its still neutral and I can throw pinks in with it. I'm excited/nervous to see how it turns out and I hope it turns out as good as the vision I have in my head!!


** Only a few more weeks till little Miss Madison is here-- I CANNOT wait! My sister only has a few weeks left and I'm so excited to meet the little one, I hope she has lots of dark hair! I may have to stop in Fairbury every night before I go home just to get my baby fix! haha- Kidding Em I won't annoy you guys that much! :)

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry, I didn't have my first daughter's stuff ready till I was eight months pregnant! You have plenty of time. Your little guy will love all the attention to detail you put into his nursery. I can tell it will be beautiful <3

    ReplyDelete